Saturday, May 26, 2012

1 week from tomorrow........

Well, race day is almost here and I'm nervous.    All the normal questions are running through my mind.... Am I ready?   Can I really hold the pace for 26.2?    What if I can't?    But unfortunately I have this additional question to add to the list....... Will my cold be completely better?   Yep, I came down with  a cold on Monday night and have been battling it since.   It seems to be on the way out, thou I did miss one of my runs this week in an effort to rest and recover ASAP.

I did make it out for 4 runs though.   And my pacing was super crazy.    I did feel good today on my 8 miler though, so that is good news.  

Monday was supposed to be an easy 4 miler but I was running a little late for a meeting and ended up running faster than I should have.  
9:02
8:24
8:21
8:45

Tuesday I was already feeling sick but ran anyway.   It was supposed to be a 5 mile tempo.   My GPS signal went crazy during mile 3 though so I don't really know if I made it into the sevens or not.   These are my splits according to crazy GPS.....clearly the third mile is innacurate.  
9:07
8:43
4:38  (this makes me laugh and laugh.)
8:38
9:05

Wednesday Susannah and I slept in and stayed in our PJs until lunch.

Thursday was a scheduled off day.   Then Friday I did a 5 miler with 4 miles at pace.    Our splits were
crazy......definitely not feeling confident in the pacing arena.  
9:25
8:00
8:11
8:37
8:38

Today I did my "long run" of 8 miles.   It went well and I felt good as evidenced by these splits:
9:28
8:55
9:10
9:11
8:59
8:57
8:53
8:52

Well, I guess my next post will include a race recap of my 9th marathon!!!   Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment