Friday, April 20, 2012

Listening to my body, even when it hurts......

Well, this week started off MUCH better than it is ending.   Susannah and I both came down with colds last weekend, so I was dreading my Monday 7x800 workout.   It turned out to be really great though.   I felt good, only had to blow my nose a few times, the weather was beautiful, and Susannah was content in the stroller.........a recipe for a good morning.  Here are the splits:
3:29
3:29
3:27
3:29
3:32
3:33
3:28
I feel good about these because they are all in or below my 3:30-3:40 range and I did them all pushing Susannah, with 4/7 being into a headwind.   Even if my nike gps is a little generous, I still feel confident about this workout.

Tuesday was supposed to be 6 easy miles, but I had a baby-sitting committment at 9 and we didn't get out the door in time to do all 6 miles (And I opted to use 10 of the minutes we did have getting coffee) so we only did 3 at a 9:30 pace.

Wednesday was a 12 miler since this is a fall back week.   I felt okay at the beginning but by the turn-around I was feeling my hamstrings again.   I managed to keep a pretty consistent pace throughout the run, but I definitely felt pretty tired at the end.     Here are the splits:
9:22
9:22
9:15
9:21
9:27
9:08
9:37
9:22
9:18
9:08
9:02

Thursday was a scheduled rest day, which was a good thing considering my left knee was hurting even when I walked.   Not horrible pain, just a little ache, but still an ache.   NOT GOOD NEWS!!!!   My left IT band and glute are complaining too, so I've decided to take today off as well.   And probably tomorrow so that I will have a 4 day rest period before starting back again on Monday.   I'm going to stay positive and trust that God has even this in his hands and he will use whatever happens for good.   Definitely keeping fingers crossed though that his plan involves me being injury free, well trained and on the start line of the Ojai to Ocean Marathon in June.   ;)

Happy running (and resting) to everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment